Dolby Atmos offers an outstanding headphone experience with mind-blowing, mobile audio that moves above and around you. In this informative article, I will explain you what is Dolby Atmos for headphones. With Dolby Atmos, it is almost as though you’re inside the action because the sound comes alive with incredible richness and depth, and seems to move in 3D space. It is immersive and emotive; a sound that creates a powerfully moving entertainment experience. Dolby Atmos absolutely makes you have a rethink about what you were previously calling your entertainment. As opposed to being obliged to channels, sounds can be unequivocally set and moved in 3D spaces thereby making a full sound climate and reasonably delineating objects moving overhead. Dolby Atmos renders everything from exchange to calm scenes to tornado activity with amazing lucidity, wealth, detail, and profundity.
What is Spatial Sound?
Spatial sound is an upgraded sound affair where sounds can stream around, above, and underneath you in a 3D virtual space that reproduces a more practical condition. Spatial sound gives an immersive air that customary channel-based encompass sound arrangements can’t imitate. Envision playing Gears of War 4 and a Raven helicopter flies overhead. With encompass sound, you’d hear the helicopter flying around you. However with spatial sound, you’ll hear it flying specifically above you.
Dolby Atmos for Headphones versus Windows Sonic for Headphones
The contrasts between the two boil down to thin and clear points of interest. Generally, the differences between Dolby Atmos and Windows Sonic are moderately minor. While both offer perceptible upgrades to sound crosswise over recreations, one isn’t really clearly superior to the next. Despite the fact that a free demo of Dolby Atmos for Headphones is accessible through the Dolby Access application for Xbox One, you’ll be for the most part jumping into the innovation daze. The most ideal approach to test Dolby Atmos is to purchase the permit. Windows Sonic is suggested for those on a financial plan. For individuals hoping to secure the best sound for your earphones is the thing that you ought to consider in light of the fact that in playing diversions, for instance, Dolby Atmos causes you find the exact source of gunshot in games and that makes it somewhat superior to windows sonic.
If You Are interested, Read Our Article About
How to Enable Dolby Atmos on Windows 10
Spatial sound is another arrangement that has quite recently been added to the Windows 10 refresh and you can take after the accompanying straightforward strides to initiate it:
- Before you can begin utilizing this element, you should download the Dolby Access application from the windows store and continue to dispatch it
- If you have Dolby Atmos receiver you plan utilizing with your PC, select “with my Headphones”.
- You will then be prompted for affirmation for the support of the feature by your PC.
- The feature is however not free. Once your PC supports it, you will have to pay the licensing fee before using it or better still click the “30-day trial” button to enable it.
- After activating the 30-day trial, you will be prompted to enable Dolby Atmos for headphones.
- Proceed by clicking “Configure PC settings” button and then select “Dolby Atmos for headphones” in the spatial sound format box. NB- The feature will work best with headphones designed to take advantage of this feature.
- After enabling the 30-day trial, you will be provoked to empower Dolby Atmos for earphones.
- Proceed by clicking “Arrange PC settings” catch and after that select “Dolby Atmos for earphones” in the spatial sound configuration box.
TIP: The component will work best with earphones intended to exploit this element. Check out the video below! Enable your Dolby Atmos and do the test with your headphone.
How Do I Enable them on Xbox One
Xbox gamers can make use of any Xbox supported headset to take advantage of spatial sound. If your headphones support other virtualization or equalization audio technologies, it is important you turn these features off to avoid double processing. For Dolby fans, it’s worth noting that the Plantronics RIG 400LX, RIG 600LX, and RIG 800LX each come with a Dolby Atmos for Headphones Xbox activation code in the box. This is how to enable Dolby Atmos on your Xbox One:
- Go to Settings
- Select “All settings”
- Go to “Display & sound”
- Select “Audio output “
- Then select “Headset format”
- Select “Dolby Atmos for Headphones” from the two provided options between Windows Sonic for Headphones or Dolby Atmos for Headphones. If you have chosen to go for Dolby Atmos for Headphones, you will be prompted to install the Dolby Access app and either purchase Dolby Atmos for Headphones, if you have not purchased it before, or you simply choose to start a free 30-day trial.
PlayStation DOES NOT SUPPORT Dolby Atmos for Headphones
It is important to know that PlayStation does not support Dolby Atmos for headphones and this is because of the manufacturer. Sony already supports Atmos/DTS. However, PS4 and PS4 Pro don’t have UHD Bluray capability so this feature does not work on PlayStation.
What Games and Movies Support Dolby Atmos for Headphones?
The Following Games Support This Feature
- Gears of War 4
- Assassin’s Creed Origins
- Rise of The Tomb Raider
- Final Fantasy 15
- Battlefield 1
- Crackdown 3
- Forza Motorsport 7
- Middle-Earth: Shadow of War
- Super Lucky’s Tale
- PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds
- See full list on Dolby.com
The Following Movies & TV Shows Support This Feature
- Mad Max
- Enchanted Kingdom
- American Sniper
- Game of Thrones
- San Andreas
- Sicario etc.
- See full list on Dolby.com
Maximize Your Home Theater Experience
The bottom-line is that advancement of technology in regard to spatial sound has taken entertainment either in the format of gaming or seeing a movie to an unprecedented new height. The experience with a headset that supports the feature is better experienced than explained. Hence, the Dolby Atmos feature with a headset that fully support the feature is simply the smart choice for every elite gamer or movie enthusiast who intends to maximize the enjoyment and fun derived from playing games or seeing movies.